Tuesday, May 24, 2011

"Bitten" by Kelley Armstrong



BITTEN BY KELLEY ARMSTRONG

SERIES: Women of the Underworld #1
PUBLISHER: Orbit
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
SOURCE: Purchased
LINKS: Goodreads | Book Depository

SUMMARY
Elena Michaels is your regular twenty-first-century girl: self-assured, smart and fighting fit. She also just happens to be the only female werewolf in the world... It has some good points. When she walks down a dark alleyway, she's the scary one. But now her Pack—the one she abandoned so that she could live a normal life—are in trouble, and they need her help. Is she willing to risk her life to help the ex-lover who betrayed her by turning her into a werewolf in the first place? And, more to the point, does she have a choice?

MY REVIEW


Kelley Armstrong is one of the most famous authors in this genre, that's probably why many of you expect me to say that I loved so much this book, but I'm not gonna say it because the truth is that I had a fight with myself about it...

My opinion is that this book has potential but it's frustrating to read. I think the plot is not a very strong one and it took a while for things to get on. Some parts, like the moment of the Change or the action scenes, went on for pages and this made my mind wander elsewhere... To keep a good concentration it would have been better to have less descriptions and more dialogues and, of course, characters development.

I wasn't involved on an emotional level at all and that's what really bothered me. Peraphs I'm with the minority, but this is one aspect very important to me when I read a book.

Anyway, I considered the fact that this was the first novel Kelley Armstrong has ever written so, I'm inclined to think that this series called Women of the Underworld gets better, but I have to find the right mood to give it a chance to prove that.

RATING: 2.5/5

4 comments:

  1. You know I read it long before you did and I liked Bitten. Since I liked (more or less) Stolen, too, I think you should give it a try. The only part I didn't like is that in Stolen new characters are introduced (that will be the key to the third book) so it focuses less and less on Elena & Clay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, i carried on reading and it didn't get any better. There is no connection with the characters on a personal level for me. Nice to see i'm not on my own.

    Liking your post.

    Amy (new follower)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment, Amy! I'm pleased to hear I'm not on my own in this, too.

    Thanks for following me, I'm now following you back! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My pleasure.

    And Thanks you.

    ReplyDelete

back to top