Saturday, May 14, 2011

"Die For Me" by Amy Plum



DIE FOR ME BY AMY PLUM

SERIES: Revenants #1
PUBLISHER: Atom
GENRE: YA Paranormal
SOURCE: Purchased
LINKS: Goodreads | Book Depository

SUMMARY
My life had always been blissfully, wonderfully normal. But it only took one moment to change everything. Suddenly, my sister Georgia and I were orphans. We put our lives into storage and moved to Paris to live with our grandparents. And I knew my shattered heart, my shattered life, would never be normal again. Then I met Vincent. Mysterious, sexy and unnervingly charming, Vincent Delacroix appeared out of nowhere and swept me off my feet. Just like that, I was in danger of losing my heart all over again. Of course, nothing is ever that easy. Because Vincent is no normal human. He has a terrifying destiny, one that puts his life at risk every day. He also has enemies...immortal, murderous enemies who are determined to destroy him and all of his kind. While I'm fighting to piece together the remnants of my life, can I risk putting my heart - as well as my life and my family's - in jeopardy for a chance at love?

MY REVIEW

When I read the summary I didn't know what to expect form this book, but the cover definitely caught my attention (one of the best I've ever seen) and I decided to give it a try. Guess what? It was a completely surprise! I devoured it, it was just a matter of hours, I couldn't and I wouldn't put it down, I needed to know what was going to happen next... The concept of revenants was something totally refreshing, so interesting and it got my full attention until the very end.

I visited Paris a few years ago and despite the fact that was damn cold and I got high fever during the latest days of my holiday, I found the city simply gorgeous and I think the writer offers a perfect description of it, beautiful, romantic, fascinating... It's like you can really feel Paris and you can easily to imagine reading this book in one of the Café where Kate goes.

In my opinion Kate was definitely a different kind of heroine despite the others we read about in YA novels. I found her more realistic and there are two things I particularly appreciated about her: first she took her love story in a slow way (finally someone that didn't declare crazy love after a couple of chapters or less) and second she loves art and this helped to read some different dialogues between her and the other characters, more mature and interesting for once.

I have to admit that I can't say I hated someone, I liked all the characters, I adored Vincent and Kate as a couple but I feel that I have to say something about someone... He's called Jules! His dialogues with Kate were one of the best parts of the book and his constantly flirting got me goosebumps! I really hope to read more about him in the future...

Looking forward to read the second book, I suggest you this first instalment of an original, intriguing series!

RATING: 4/5
back to top