Wednesday, June 15, 2011

"Blood Noir" by Laurell K. Hamilton



BLOOD NOIR BY LAURELL K. HAMILTON

SERIES: Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #16

PUBLISHER: Headline
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
SOURCE: Purchased
LINKS: Goodreads | Book Depository

SUMMARY
Jason is a werewolf. He's one of my best friends and sometimes a lover. And right now he needs me, Anita Blake—not to be a vampire hunter, or a federal marshall, or a necromancer, but because his father is dying. I can help make him look like an everybody guy, help him say goodbye to the abusive father he's never loved. How hard can it be? Really, by now, you'd think I'd know better. Because this is the weekend that Marmee Noir, ancient mother of all vampires, picks to make her move. I've got something she wants - and now she's going to take it.

MY REVIEW

I loved Jason since the very beginning so, you can imagine how much I wanted to read this book knowing it was focused on him... And now that I've finished it I'd almost need to reread it again!

At first I thought that "Blood Noir" was similar to "Micah", but I have to say that it was an impression just because most of the story takes place in a hotel. But that's it, I found this book more exciting (I didn't wanna take a break for a sec!), very charming, sweet and so emotional, especially in the last chapters...

We find mistery, new characters and some revelations with old ones! But one of the things I liked the most is that we learn more about Jason but even Anita and her relationship with her family, how she feels about them and how she grew up.

I think the relationship between Jason and Anita is really special... It's a very strong friendship of course, and a beautiful one, but there's more and it's something you can't explain with a simple word. That's why, at least for me, they can't find a way to describe it for theirselves.

Last, I know there are many people who hated the change in this series because it's more focused on sex, but personally I can't find this like a bad thing. Laurell K. Hamilton has such great writing skills and every time you read about a scene like that you find something new, different and yourself completely absorbed in it and God help me, there's not a single time I don't find one of her men so damn attractive!
I definitely think that each book gets better and better.

RATING: 5/5
back to top