Thursday, June 09, 2011

"Forgotten" by Cat Patrick



FORGOTTEN BY CAT PATRICK

SERIES: Stand-alone

PUBLISHER: Egmont Books
GENRE: YA Paranormal
SOURCE: Purchased
LINKS: Goodreads | Book Depository

SUMMARY
Here's the thing about me: I can see the future in flashes, like memories. But my past is a blank. I remember what I'll wear tomorrow, and an argument that won't happen until this afternoon. But I don't know what I ate for dinner last night. I get by with the help of notes, my mom and my best friend Jamie, and the system works... Until now. Everything's falling apart. Jamie's going off the rails. My mom is lying to me. And I can't see the boy I adore in my future. But today, I love him. And I never want to forget how much...

MY REVIEW

How would you feel if every morning at 4:33am your memory disappears?... Personally I feel very bad just when I don't remember things happened in the past 5 minutes or when I lose a thought 30 seconds after I had it so, resetting my memory every day for me would be like living in a real hell! And that's because when I was reading this book I was caught by a strong sadness that accompanied me the whole story. I felt sorry for London, her condition is so heartbreaking that I was about to cry for almost all the time...

I found Luke one of the best YA boyfriends ever. Despite the fact that London forgets about him every day, he's always by her side with his sweetness and kindness. And if this wasn't enough he's hot, funny, romantic, loyal, the perfect boy. If London has a hell with her memory, she definitely finds a heaven with Luke.

I've read this book just in a few hours. It's very emotional but it's also shocking. There is a mystery running throughout the story that lets you guess many possibilities and the key is all in paying attention at every single detail. But even if you do so it's hard to imagine what it really is until the last chapters...

I was a little bit upset about the end, in which I found a too fast conclusion when there is something you would like to know more about and there is clearly enough material for another book. We know that this novel doesn't have a sequel and in my opinion (even if it seems to be a common thought) it could have been a great, fascinating series.

Last but not least, I have to mention that the UK cover is something spectacular! It had definitely captured the atmosphere of the entire book!

RATING: 4/5
back to top