Friday, June 24, 2011

"Paranormalcy" by Kiersten White



PARANORMALCY BY KIERSTEN WHITE

SERIES: Paranormalcy #1

PUBLISHER: HarperCollins Children's Books
GENRE: YA Paranormal
SOURCE: Purchased
LINKS: Goodreads | Book Depository

SUMMARY
Evie's always thought of herself as normal. Sure, her best friend is a mermaid, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she's falling for a shapeshifter and she's the only person who can see through paranormals' glamours, but still. Normal. Only now paranormals are dying and Evie's dreams are filled with haunting voices and mysterious prophecies. She begins to suspect there is a link between her abilities and the sudden rash of deaths, and even worse, that she is at the centre of a dark prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.

MY REVIEW

I had a long, tormented story with this book... I had it in my hands every time I was in a bookstore but I always ended up putting it down because there was something that stopped me from reading it... I don't know what it was but it was there and just I couldn't ignore it. Now that I finally read it I can say that putting it down every time was a BIG mistake!

This book was one of the quickest readings I've ever done! The language is very fluent, flirtatious and fun. There are very strong characters and despite the fact that I always try to avoid every story with faeries (they're not really my faves), in this case I found them fascinating thanks to the mistery around them and the way they act, especially one of them, Reth. But of course then there is Lend. There is always a Lend, the guy you can't escape from because you have to fall in love with him during the reading, right? But in contrast to many other YA guys, I found Lend lovely in a really refreshing way.

Action and romance are perfectly mixed together, but what I found particularly amazing is that I had a smile on my face during all the reading! Humor is the real key, what make this book so enthralling that you can't put it down until you've finished it.

Oh bleep, I should have read it before!

RATING: 5/5
back to top