Wednesday, June 22, 2011

"Skin Trade" by Laurell K. Hamilton



SKIN TRADE BY LAURELL K. HAMILTON

SERIES: Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #17
PUBLISHER: Headline
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
SOURCE: Purchased
LINKS: Goodreads | Book Depository

SUMMARY
My name is Anita Blake and my reputation has taken some hits. Not on the work front, where I have the highest kill count of all the legal vampire executioners in the country, but on the personal front. No one seems to trust a woman who sleeps with the monsters. Still, when a vampire serial killer sends me a head from Las Vegas, I know I have to warn Sin City's authorities what they're dealing with. Only it's worse than I thought: several police officers and an executioner have been slain paranormal style. When I get to Las Vegas, I'm joined by three other federal marshals. Which is a good thing because I need all the back-up I can get when hunting a killer this powerful and dangerous.

MY REVIEW

As I previously wrote in my review for "Blood Noir", there are many people who hated the change in this series because it's more focused on sex. I don't dislike it and personally I find the ardeur one of the most interesting, fascinating things I've ever read about. But people who don't like it will be happy to know that in "Skin Trade" there's a mix of duty and relationships that creates a very good balance between sex and action. Sure, you don't have to expect a total change, but it's a reading that reminds the earlier books.

I was very happy to find the trio Edward, Olaf and Bernardo back in a case with Anita. There are so many funny moments between them but I have to say that one of the best things was how Edward couldn't do anything to control his brother instinct with Anita and how nice was to see them finally admit they're like brother and sister.

We have to wait more than half book to read the real action, but it's worth the wait. After that you're in a constant suspense! Sometimes you are sad, sometimes you find yourself in shock, you're wondering about many things and find out truths with surprises... Lots of surprises...

What can I say more? In "Wicked Truth" I really loved this book! ;)

RATING: 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

back to top