Monday, July 25, 2011

"Darkness Unbound" by Keri Arthur



DARKNESS UNBOUND BY KERI ARTHUR

SERIES: Dark Angels #1

PUBLISHER: Piatkus
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
SOURCE: Publisher
LINKS: Goodreads | Book Depository

SUMMARY

Risa Jones is as extraordinary as her heritage. Born from a lab-enhanced clone mother and an Aedh father, she can not only talk to the souls of the dying and the dead, but she can see the reapers and walk the gray fields that divide this world from the next. They are skill she rarely uses, however, preferring to concentrate on the business she shares with her two best friends. But when her mother asks her to help the parents of a little girl locked in a coma, she reluctantly agrees. What she discovers scares the hell out of her. Because the little girl’s soul no longer resides in her body, and it wasn’t death and the reapers that took her. Someone had ripped her soul from her flesh. As it turns out, a creature consuming the souls of the innocent–and not so innocent–is the least of her problems. Because someone wants to rip open the gates that divided hell from earth, and Risa is a key component in their plans. And the only person standing between her and disaster is a reaper who isn’t exactly on her side.

MY REVIEW

I remember Risa when she was just a baby and how much I liked her and how many times I laughed with her scenes with Riley! When I was reading the last book I thought how great it would have been to see her grow up and then I read the news Keri Arthur was going to write an entire series about this amazing character and I was in heaven!

One of the most amazing things of this new series is that we can see how all the characters we loved in Riley Jenson Guardian series have developed after so many years, what they do now, what their lives are. Reading about them was a total jump in the past and a surprise under many aspects I'm not gonna write because I don't wanna ruin the pleasure to discover them... Anyway, it's good to see they're back in your life again and you haven't lost them forever!

There are laughs, cries, moments of great action, sexual tension and of course sex as well, even if for a moment I thought it was weird read about Risa having sex... But then she's not the baby we used to know anymore, huh? She's a grown up girl, beautiful, strong, powerful, with an excellent nose for the danger and a particular desire to do the opposite thing that everybody tells her to do because it could be dangerous... You got her, she's more like Aunt Riley than Mom Dia. And she has some amazing friends, a charming lover and a so gorgeous, interesting reaper that personally I loved more than anyone...

Fan of Riley Jenson Guardian series be prepared to a new, amazing series with Risa Jones and the most amazing team you ever met!

RATING: 4/5

13 comments:

  1. I CAN'T WAIT *__*!!!!THANK YOU FOR THE REVIEW and I looking forward to reading Keri *__* <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait. I am just about to finish Riley's last book. Thank you for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cried so much during Riley's Last book! I was so attached to her! I'm glad there's going to be more story around what she was doing and about! :DDD I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls and I can't wait for all of you to read this first amazing instalment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay ,I LOVE the cover. There, I said it! LOL. As a cover-geek, I definitely approve!

    Secondly, I still haven't read anything by KA! I should I know and I even have one or two books on my shelf! Just gotta pick it up sometime. Lol.

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL I know, the cover is amazing, you have a good taste! ;) And we should have a T-shirt that says "cover-geek girl"! LOL but true! ;P

    I definitely suggest you to read Riley Jenson Guardian series, B! I'm pretty sure you'd love the story!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahah, next project? ;)

    Yeah, I've been recommended it! I know I should! You'll have to push me towards it so I won't forget, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It could be! ;)

    I'll push you with all my strenght, promise! LOL *I know, every time we talk we end up saying something that sounds "strangely dirty", huh? LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! We should have Anita-themed shirts too while we're at it!

    Hahah, I know! I wonder why that is... But that's good, you keep pushing! ... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. We should and we'll have them! ;)

    Yeah, I have no idea how that is possible... ;P Don't worry, I'll keep pushing hard!... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yeah. ;)

    I'm not sure I should write down my answer to that one! LOL. (Harder, harder...)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll do my best for you! LOL

    ReplyDelete

back to top