Saturday, August 06, 2011

"Nightshade" by Andrea Cremer



NIGHTSHADE BY ANDREA CREMER

SERIES: Nightshade #1

PUBLISHER: Atom
GENRE: YA Paranormal
SOURCE: Gifted
LINKS: Goodreads | Book Depository

SUMMARY
Calla Tor has always known her destiny: graduation, marriage and then a life leading her pack. But when she defies her masters' laws to save a human boy, she must choose. Is one boy worth losing everything for?

MY REVIEW

I have to be honest, at first this book caught my attention for the US cover, not that the UK ones aren't beautiful, but the US one has something special, very captivating... Anyway, after reading the summary I knew this book had something more than an amazing cover... Then a very sweet friend of mine gifted me the book and I was so much in heaven that as soon as I got the delivery I started reading it and I was so right, "Nightshade" is beautiful in many ways!

After only five chapters I found myself lost in the reading! Werewolves, Keepers, Searchers... The whole story is really fascinating and the element of the unexpected is always ready to jump on you in every moment, just like I'd love to see in every book. The language is so fluent that everything has to be read as fast as the events develop during the pages. Mystery and action are a perfect mix in this story! And what about dialogues? From funny to touching and of course lots of my faves, provocative...

Every character is well developed and has something interesting. Someone is really creepy, someone nasty but someone is very loveable and one of the best part was to see how they relate to each other, and what charming surprises with a few of them... But you can't just pick one of the packs members, you would love to meet anyone for real!

Calla seems particularly focused on Shay and he should be the guy we all have to fall for, right? Gorgeous, smart, sweet... Annoying would be my word. Sorry girls, I can't help it, I'm Team Ren! He's a great young alpha who clearly cares about his betrothal pretty much, and an awesome guy who can't seriously leave you indifferent... It's impossible to ignore all the goose bumps he gives you every time he speaks or simply enters in a room... His way of "playing" with Calla is hypnotic and there's no scene that isn't remarkable between the two of them. I really love when a character has that effect on me and in this case I have to thank Andrea Cremer who with her amazing writing skills has created a perfect dream male character as well as a winning story!

"Nightshade" is definitely one of the best readings I did this year, if you haven't read it yet go and grab you copy, you won't regret it!

RATING: 5/5

6 comments:

  1. I'm totally with you!! Team Ren all the way!!

    Great review, Silvia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!! I'm veeeery happy to hear that!!

    Thanks, Emily! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you probably already know, I agree with every word! And yes, Team Ren all the way! I love Shay, but he's more of a friend. I love the Ren-bumps!

    We need to get book 2 ASAP and buddy read it like crazy. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I noticed that, but just a little bit... LOL
    And I know, after Ren-bumps like these you can't help it, all you want is more!!!! <3

    We absolutely have to! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely! It was almost too little Ren when I think about it. o: Plus I've heard Wolfsbane's got even less. :( I'm just hoping the last one will be tons of Ren! OMG, I just saw a video where Andrea talks about the series... Okay, I'll just add it in one of our mails, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's sad :(... But Ren is always in my <3 it doens't matter how many pages he's in! ;) (but of course I'm with you about the last book! ;P)
    Thanks for the link, B! That video is awesome and now I can't wait to read the second book with you!!

    ReplyDelete

back to top