Tuesday, August 16, 2011

"Pleasure Unbound" by Larissa Ione



PLEASURE UNBOUND BY LARISSA IONE

SERIES: Demonica #1

PUBLISHER: Piatkus
GENRE: Paranormal Romance
SOURCE: Publisher
LINKS: Goodreads | Book Depository

SUMMARY
Tayla Mancuso is a demon-slayer who hungers for sensual pleasure—but fears it will always be denied her. Until she lands in a hospital run by demons in disguise, and the head doctor, Eidolon, makes her body burn with unshakable desire. But to prove her ultimate loyalty to her peers, she must betray the surgeon who saved her life. Eidolon cannot resist this fiery, dangerous woman who fills him with both rage and passion. Not only is she his avowed enemy but she could very well be the hunter who has been preying upon his people. Torn between his need for the truth and is quest to find his perfect mate before a horrific transformation claims him for ever, Eidolon will dare the unthinkable—and let Tayla possess him, body and soul...

MY REVIEW

I use to be a vampire/werewolf girl, but I have to admit that after reading a story like this one I'm up for demons as well!

There are many paranormal novels in which sex plays a big role but the story around is very poor and that's annoying... But this is not the case. In "Pleasure Unbound" the story is captivating, surprising, involving and there's no a single sex scene you can think about that isn't completely justified. With that I mean that sex isn't just an exciting thing put in some parts of the book, but it's something totally inherent to the story and in line with the characters, something that needs to be in almost every moment but that doesn't divert your attention from the story around. When I can find both plot and sex so totally well written I know I have an awesome book in my hands!

And if the story is involving so are the characters! I really hope to know more about everyone in the next books because they all have some particular characteristics that enchanted me very much and made me so damn curious...

The only reason I didn't give a full 5 rating to this book is because I saw some "surprises" coming before they were revealed... But for the rest the book totally overwhelmed me and I can't wait to read the other books of this amazing series!

RATING: 4.5/5
back to top