Thursday, September 29, 2011

"Alterant" by Sherrilyn Kenyon and Dianna Love



ALTERANT BY SHERRILYN KENYON AND DIANNA LOVE

SERIES: Belador #2

PUBLISHER: Piatkus
GENRE: Paranormal Romance
SOURCE: Publisher
LINKS: Goodreads | Book Depository

SUMMARY
In this explosive new world of betrayals and shaky alliances, the only Alterant not incarcerated faces an impossible task - recapturing three dangerous, escaped creatures before they slaughter more humans... or her. The way Evalle Kincaid sees it, saving mankind from total destruction should have cleared her name. But when words uttered in the heat of combat are twisted against her, she's blamed for the prison break of three dangerous Alterants. She has one chance to clear the cloud of suspicion hanging over her. All she has to do is recapture the escapees. But deals with gods and goddesses are tricky at best, and now the lives of all Beladors - and the safety of innocent humans - rides on Evalle's success. And the only person she can ask for help wants to see her dead.

MY REVIEW

I usally don't read the second book of a series if I haven't read the previous one first, but when the Publisher sent me this book and I read the blurb I couldn't resist.

I was afraid of not being involved in the proper way because since I hadn't read the first instalment I thought I could have lost some important events, but fortunately I found that the first book wasn't totally vital (but a to be read for sure!) because many things are explained a lot and so well here, including references to the previous events, that it was a pleasurable reading of what sounds like an amazing series.

From the blurb you think you're gonna read a story about Evalle Kincaid, but you realize soon that it's more than that. There is a common story, the main event, but then the ones of every character and couple or possible ones, Tzader, Quinn, Kizira, Brina... They fight the same battle, even if not all on the same side, none of them has an easy relationship, they have different personal issues and you symphatize with them, you feel close to their situations and I'm not gonna deny that there were some touching moments where I felt tears in my eyes...

Sherrilyn Kenyon and Dianna Love did an amazing job and the need to know more and more about these beautiful characters keep you devouring this book and the end let you pray for a third book soon!

RATING: 5/5
back to top