Thursday, October 13, 2011

"Crescendo" by Becca Fitzpatrick



CRESCENDO BY BECCA FITZPATRICK

SERIES: Hush, Hush #2

PUBLISHER: Simon & Schuster Childrens Books
GENRE: YA Paranormal
SOURCE: Purchased
LINKS: Goodreads | Book Depository

SUMMARY
Nora should know better than to think her life can return to normal after falling in love with a fallen angel. And Nora's life isn't normal—her dad was murdered, and the facts about his death just don't add up. Now Nora's own life is in imminent danger. Are she and Patch strong enough for the battle ahead?

MY REVIEW

It's hard to write this review as I previously gave a 5 rating to "Hush, Hush" and now I find myself giving "Crescendo" just a rating of 3. The main reason is because of the characters. Nora in primis. I really liked her a lot, I felt very close to her in the first book but here I barely recognized her. She was so annoying and frankly I found her paranoia unjustified and often pointless. While Patch, despite the fact that every single time he calls Nora "Angel" I have chills everywhere, was almost a stranger, especially because of certain reactions... The very surprise, and I mean this in a good way, was Vee. If I would have strangled her in the first book, here she was the one who entertained me the most and annoyed me the less.

The story is good, there are different unexpected things that make you really curious about the events and make you doubt about someone, but I couldn't find the same scary, exciting atmosphere that was in "Hush, Hush". Even if it was an entertaining reading, unfortunately for me it didn't have that fascinating magic I found in the first instalment.

I'll surely read "Silence" because there's no end in "Crescendo", there's a huge "you can't leave me like this", and because I still hope to find that brilliant atmosphere of "Hush, Hush" in the third book with some of the most amazing YA characters I read about.

RATING: 3/5
back to top