Wednesday, November 02, 2011

"Pyxis" by K.C. Neal



PYXIS BY K.C. NEAL

SERIES: Pyxis #1

PUBLISHER: K.C. Neal
GENRE: YA Paranormal
SOURCE: Author
LINKS: Goodreads | Book Depository

SUMMARY
Two worlds... one 16-year-old girl must learn to protect them both. The nightmares haunting Corinne and her friend Mason hint at a universe that exists beyond the one they know. Her destiny is to protect a weakness between the two worlds, but her mentor is dead. As Corinne and Mason search for answers, she tries to ignore the sparks igniting between them, but can't deny she feels safe only when he's nearby. Will they find help before their nightmares break free?

MY REVIEW

This book has a great charm and the cover plays a big role in this. It's not just a beautiful image that you see, the cover has a certain kind of power that doesn't leave you indifferent and definitely catches your curiosity. And I think I can speak for everyone when I say that it's always amazing when you're so attracted to a book at first sight.

The story is interesting and original, the fact that human emotions can be manipulated by liquids of different colors with magic powers is fascinating, I just found too easy the way Corinne and her friends face the whole thing. They have questions and they constantly try to find out more that explains the situation in which they're stuck, but it seemed to me that their attitude was too superficial... Reading of teenagers acting like real ones (especially when they have to deal with love problems) has its ups and downs, it's good because it's more realistic, but it can be annoying for an adult... Anyway I have to say that under certain aspects it was a nice thing to read here, it was something in syntony with the writing style, fast, pleasurable and enjoyable.

I liked it, it was a nice reading for me (I love cliffhangers at the end of a book when I know it's gonna be a series) but I'm pretty sure younger readers will be thrilled with this book!

RATING: 3/5
back to top