Monday, December 19, 2011

"The Vampire Stalker" by Allison Van Diepen



THE VAMPIRE STALKER BY ALLISON VAN DIEPEN

SERIES: Stand-alone

PUBLISHER: Scholastic
GENRE: YA Paranormal
SOURCE: Purchased
LINKS: Goodreads | Book Depository

SUMMARY
Amy is in love with Alexander Banks. In fact, she's obsessed with him. He's brooding and handsome. He hunts vampires. He's perfect. The only problem is, Alexander doesn't exist. He's a character in a book. But, what if he showed up one day? What if he were somehow real?

MY REVIEW

I don't know exactly what I was expecting from this book so I can't really say it was disappointing, but a thing is certain, I'd surely have preferred something more exciting... Anyway, it was that kind of fast reading that you enjoy to do sometimes.

Amy reflects very well the majority of the real teenegers, but her love for a book character is something in common with girls of every age! (Don't you dare telling me you don't have a big crush on a fictional character, I wouldn't buy it!) I found very realistic the excited fans and their run for the latest book of their favourite series, the one under the spotlights that can drive a fan crazy. That made me laugh because I assisted to a scene like that when Breaking Dawn was released. Gosh, you couldn't put a foot in the bookstore, neither in the strees where the bookstore was, there was craziness everywhere! Don't get me wrong, I love Twilight but sometimes fans can be as esuberant as scary...

I feel like I have to spend some words about the cover... It's usually the thing that catches your attention first, we all know that, but in this case if the USA cover has something fascinating, the UK one is totally unattractive... Maybe the girl on the cover reflects better the physical characteristics of Amy, but let's be honest, you haven't read the book when you pick it up so, you can't do that comparison at first sight and you should attract my eyes in every way possible, don't you agree? Too bad because generally the UK covers are anything but disappointing.

RATING: 3/5
back to top