Sunday, January 29, 2012

"The Dead Girls' Dance" by Rachel Caine



THE DEAD GIRLS' DANCE BY RACHEL CAINE

SERIES: The Morganville Vampire #2

PUBLISHER: Allison & Busby
GENRE: YA Paranormal
SOURCE: Gifted
LINKS: Goodreads | Book Depository

SUMMARY
Claire Danvers has had her share of challenges—like being a genius in school that favours beauty over brains, dealing with the homicidal girls in her dorm and, above all, finding out that her college town is overrun with blood-sucking fiends. On the plus side, so far Claire and her friends managed to survive getting on the wrong side of some Morganville VIPs... Vampire Important Persons. But their temporary peace is in danger of collapsing, thanks to the arrival of her new boyfriend's scary father and his vampire-fighting supporters.

MY REVIEW

What I liked the most in this second instalment was how the relationship between Claire and Shane developed. I adored every single moments they spent together and I loved finding out how much a couch can be so damn sexy... It is Shane for me girls! Michael still has that charm and something that keeps attracting me and I'm pretty sure there will be moments I'd dream about him, but Shane has definitely that magnetism I can't ignore and surely makes me wanna be a teenager again...*sigh*

In this second book I found more action with very intriguing events, sometimes even very sad but because of that they were more captivating for me. The story really seems to become more interesting and even if I did see coming some things I didn't see others so, it was all well balanced and that's why it didn't bother me at all. Was there a cliffhanger? Gosh, I seriously think I won't find a book in this series without one and my curiosity will keep killing me inside!

RATING: 4/5
back to top