Thursday, January 12, 2012

"Glass Houses" by Rachel Caine



GLASS HOUSES BY RACHEL CAINE

SERIES: The Morganville Vampires #1

PUBLISHER: Allison & Busby
GENRE: YA Paranormal
SOURCE: Gifted
LINKS: Goodreads | Book Depository

SUMMARY
For Claire Danvers, high school was hell, but college may be murder. It was bad enough that she got on the wrong side of Monica, the meanest of the school's mean girls, but now she's got three new roommates, who all have secrets of their own. And the biggest secret of all isn't really a secret, except from Claire: Morganville is run by vampires, and they are hungry for fresh blood...

MY REVIEW

I was drawn to the story so much that a day passed and I had no more pages to read... I was told that this series was kinda charming and after reading the first instalment I couldn't stop, but I wasn't so sure until now, SO TRUE!

Rachel Caine's writing style is fast but intriguing, add to this suspance and sarcasm and you have almost all the skills I always admire in an author! I loved all the main characters, I hated all the bad ones, but I still can't decide if I'm falling more for Michael or Shane... I have a feeling but I don't wanna say anything yet... What I can say is that I found different qualities in both of them that I particulary love and I'm pretty sure that even when my decision is made there will always be a special place in my heart for the other one...  

Now, cliffhangers are outrageous, aren't they? I mean, they're pretty amazing but gosh if they leave you wondering on and on with that anxious feeling that stays with you for entire months... That's why when you find a killer cliffhanger like the one at the end of this book you thank God (in my case my great friend Kay!) you have the second book ready to be read!

RATING: 4/5
back to top