Thursday, January 26, 2012

"Scandalous Desires" by Elizabeth Hoyt



SCANDALOUS DESIRES BY ELIZABETH HOYT

SERIES: Maiden Lane #3

PUBLISHER: Piatkus
GENRE: Historical Romance
SOURCE: Publisher
LINKS: Goodreads | Book Depository

SUMMARY
Widowed Silence Hollingbrook is impoverished, lovely and kind—and nine months ago she made a terrible mistake. She went to a river pirate for help in saving her husband and in the process made a bargain at the cost of her marriage. That night wounded her so terribly that Silence hides in the foundling home she runs with her brother. Except now that same river pirate is back... and he's asking for her help. 'Charming' Mickey O'Connor is the most ruthless river pirate in London. Devastatingly handsome and fearsomely intelligent, he clawed his way up throught London's criminal underworld. Mickey has no use for tender emotions like compassion and love, and he sees people as pawns to be manipulated. And yet he's never been able to forget the naive captain's wife who came to him when she was most in need...

MY REVIEW

I haven't read the first two books of this series and that's why I was afraid I wouldn't enjoy this third instalment, but my curiosity for it was killing me from the moment the Publisher sent it to me and I couldn't resist any further, so I finally picked it up! And what did I find? Well, I'm pleased to tell you that I'm totally with the ones who said that since the author always does an amazing job with her storylines, the books are easy to keep up with, without the need to follow necessarily an order and I really enjoyed every single page.

I'd summarize everything in one single word: BEAUTIFUL! I felt different strong emotions flowing over me during all the reading, I felt like I was a part of the book and even if sometimes for me the events were a bit predictable, there wasn't a single time in which I couldn't feel the power of them. There's so much passion and love in this book but even great action and apparently a mystery that intrigues everyone, who is The Ghost of St. Giles? But truth to be told I found out who he was during the reading so, I wasn't surprised when the "revelation" came, but I do think his identity suits him perfectly.

Who really deserve a special mention for sure is 'Charming' Mickey O'Connor, the pirate I always hoped existed and the man I encountered so many times in my deepest dreams... His teasing Silence was simply extatic and the loving scenes... OMG-I-can't-stop-thinking-about-them! Hot, sensual, wild but tender as well... Do I wanna re-read those scenes? I already did but why not doing so a third or a forth or a millionth time? Elizabeth Hoyt you surely enlivened my dreams!

RATING: 4.5/5
back to top