Tuesday, July 24, 2012

"The Catalyst" by Zoe Winters



THE CATALYST BY ZOE WINTERS

SERIES: Preternaturals #3

PUBLISHER: IncuBooks
GENRE: Paranormal Romance
SOURCE: Review copy received from the author

SUMMARY
It started with one lost, shivering pup; it may end in a war... Panthers don’t do responsibility. They don’t do long-term relationships. They definitely don’t raise kids. But when Z discovers a young wolf in the forest, he takes him in, unaware of the powerful beings hunting the pup. Fiona is a witch who can’t leave her house; the birds have told her something bad will happen. The mailbox is as far as she’ll go, but even that may provide more danger than she’s bargained for. When a wolf pup stumbles into her garden, her safe, wrapped-up world heads for a free fall.  But along with danger, the pup brings a chance at love—a chance an agoraphobic witch and a bachelor panther shifter aren’t likely to find on their own.
AUTHOR’S NOTE: The Catalyst is an ensemble book that also features Jane and Cole (from Blood Lust) and Cain (from Blood Lust and Save My Soul)

MY REVIEW

Let me start pointing out that panther is my fave animal so, reading a book with that kind of shifters was more than a pleasure to me. But all truth to be told, the whole book was a great pleasure to read. A captivating, passionate story with handsome men in it? Yes, it was definitely a real pleasure!

I couldn't have loved Z more thanks to his being so caveman! That's what made him so damn special and so-so-sexy. I loved his constant putting Fiona on the edge, and if there were moments in which I hadn't hidden a little laugh, others I was screaming to Fiona "What? Seriously girl, how much self control do you have!?" But then I had to admit that my attention wasn't just for Z... In fact, I might have put my eyes even more on Cain... He... Ehm... Sorry, my mind has all censored thoughts... It's a huge relief that the next book in the series is very soon to be released, especially because it's about Cain!

If what is taking you from reading this book is not having read the previous two installments in the series yet, you might wanna reconsider that. I can understand the concern of picking a series in the middle. What if I can't follow the story properly? What if I can't really get attached to the characters? That's the main reason why I always prefer reading a series from the beginning, too. But believe me, "The Catalyst" is definitely a book that can be read per se. I was new to the Preternaturals world, I had just read a novella, "Dark Mercy" (that I loved), but I wasn't afraid for a second not to be involved in the story because the author has a very fluid style and surely the capacity to let me dream about every man, shifter, vampire or whatever she puts on paper. This is what I loved the most. The amazing connection I had with everyone and to be able to follow everything pretty well, even if I was new to the series.

RATING: 5/5

1 comment:

back to top