Thursday, August 30, 2012

Dirty Little Secret (#2)


Dirty Little Secret is a weekly meme hosted by us at Under the Covers. Every Thursday they get to know other bloggers and our readers more intimately by asking them a question hoping to reveal their dirty little secrets.
To participate in the meme all you need to do is: 
1. Be a follower of Under the Covers
2. Create a post in your blog taking the meme image and copy instructions. 
3. Answer the question they propose! This can be done in any way you like, post a video, write a post etc.
4. Add your link in their post!



This week's question is:
Book abuse! What's the worst thing you've done to a book.

Actually, books are pretty safe with me as I'm very good with keeping them in great condition. I don't dog-ear pages, I don't roll-over them during the reading... Nothing that can damage the book in any way. BUT I have all paperbacks (with just a few exceptions) and let's face it, they're definitely more delicate than hard copies so, despite the fact that I'm super-careful with not breaking their spines, it happened twice. :( I'm sure everyone of you understands how hurtful it is when that happens... *Sigh*

What about you? What's the worst thing you've done to a book?

5 comments:

  1. Yes, it's the worst when you break the spine. :(

    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've felt you pain before. LOL

    Did you vote for the best meme yet? it's linked with the DLS post. much appreciated.
    ~Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I voted this morning (before reading your post) and I'm keeping my fingers well crossed for you, girls! :)

      Delete
  3. Yeah, I'm trying to go with more eBooks now because of how delicate paperbacks really are

    ReplyDelete
  4. I once hammered something on a book, punctured the heck out of it. I was happy about the hammering, then I realized I did it on the book and felt guilty :(

    ReplyDelete

back to top