Friday, October 12, 2012

"Hear Me" by Skye Warren



HEAR ME BY SKYE WARREN

SERIES: Dark Erotica #3

PUBLISHER: Skye Warren
GENRE: Dark Erotica
SOURCE: Review copy received from the author

SUMMARY
She doesn’t remember her past, only her training. She can’t talk, not that a good slave should speak out of turn. None of that matters when she wakes up in the warm, rustic room. Her new master is distant but kind. There’s only one problem: he doesn’t want her. Longing for the shackles of safety, she pulls from the last dregs of her will to prove her worth as a slave. It seems to be working. He responds first to her body and next to her submission. The secrets of his past haunt the cabin, fraying the tightening bond between Master and slave, but it is her own memories that may finally unravel it.
This book contains a bonus short story Escape, set in the same dark erotica world.
WARNING: This book contains explicit scenes of sex, including dubious consent and captivity situations. The BDSM does not conform to literary conventions, making it sometimes more realistic, and other times not. This is a work of fiction not appropriate for anyone uncomfortable with these situations or anyone under the age of eighteen.

MY REVIEW

I devoured this book in a matter of hours! I literally couldn't put it down, I kinda felt like Melody, I couldn't escape from the reality I was living in and, even if I wanted to, everything was too good for me to leave.

"Hear Me" is sexy, exciting and it has an unusual veil of romanticism (so to speak) that totally seduces you... You soon fall for someone, it's practically impossible not to, and fantasize about this character so much to the point you really want to be with him and badly. Right or wrong, you don't have much of a choice, and perhaps you wouldn't fight it even if you had. This is the main peculiarity of Skye Warren, she writes about twisted characters you can only be fascinated by and every time they pretty much arouse you... That and her amazing plots!

The finale was spectacularly surprising and I can't tell enough how much I love this author and her talent to create a dark world so unique that it's very difficult to keep the distance from. I'm totally craving for the next instalment!

RATING: 5/5

4 comments:

  1. Dubious consent, hmm.
    I wonder what the people who are criticising 50 Shades would make of this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't read 50 Shades (not really sure I want to), but all the fuss about that makes the subject practically impossible to ignore and I honestly don't think 50 can really be compared to a read like Hear Me. THIS kind of DARK erotica is strong, powerful and for the ones who love to read dark and twisted. If people aren't for that at all, then they shouldn't pick this up in the first place.

      Delete
  2. Love this and can´t wait for my chance to read! =) i read almost anything, from dark BDSM to 50 Shades and i´ve loved it all (almost =))

    best wishes & Happy Wednesday!
    //Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just won this book from your blog on the Military Blog Hop. I just wanted to come back and take a peak at your review. Sounds very interesting. I think I have to be in the right mood to read it and I am sure I'll enjoy it a lot.

    Thanks again! Michelle from Another Look Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete

back to top