Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Teaser Tuesday (#2)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB @ Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along!
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share 2 “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


According to myth, Hades, the god of the Underworld, fell in love with Persephone, kidnapped her, and tried to make her his queen. When he tricked her into eating six pomegranate seeds, she was bound to the Underworld for six months out of every year.

Page 17 - "Everneath" by Brodi Ashton


What do you think?
Leave a comment with a link to your TT so I can stop by and be teased by them all! ;)

14 comments:

  1. Oh.... I enjoyed this book!! Great tease... fun will begin soon.... And I want me some Cole ;)

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal
    Palace

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book has been on my bookshelf for a year (sigh) then this morning I woke up and felt like it was calling me (voices from the Underworld? Who knows, might be...), so I grabbed it and so far I'm intrigued a lot!
    I will let you know about Cole ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely cover. I am guessing it has to do with the Persephone myth. Come see my teasers for Whiskey Beach by Nora Roberts and The Pirate's Wish by Cassandra Rose Clarke. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep. And I totally agree, the cover is really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser. This book's on my TBR list:)
    Thanks for stopping by!

    evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  6. A pleasure, your teaser really got me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just read a couple of chapters but so far I'm intrigued. We'll see, fingers crossed!
    Hope you have a great day, too, Jessica! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo, I like that the books have the gods in them. :D Great teaser! I do need these. lol. Thank you.

    If you'd like to stop by, I have a teaser up as well...
    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2013/06/teaser-tuesday-166.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like that, too. Myths are another passion of mine! :)
    Thanks for stopping by, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the blend of Myths in stories too. :) I started Mythical Monday's on my blog a few months back for Authors to share Myths and Mythical creatures in their stories. It's so neat to share their stories. If you'd ever like to stop by, glad to have you visit. :) http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/p/intomyths-and-mythological-creatures.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a very interesting meme, Melissa! Thanks for letting me know about it and I'm a new follower of your blog now, so I'll try not to miss all the fun! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful Silvia! And I'm following you now too. :) Glad to have found you by the teaser. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jessica @ a GREAT read30 September 2014 at 11:13

    Ooh nice tease! Read this one awhile back but didn't get into it as much as I had hoped for another spin on the Persephone myth. Hope you're enjoying it!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

back to top