Friday, August 23, 2013

Inspired Fridays (#11)




Inspired Fridays is a weekly meme hosted by Inkk ReviewsYou don't have to actually craft anything to "be inspired". Show something you maybe have done, want to try, or whatever inspires you!



Here's what inspires me this week...

(picture from Etsy)
No, I'm not into liquors, but I do have a little bottle of Jack Daniel's in my kitchen since God knows how long... I always thought I'd make something with it because I really like the design (yep, the designer in me is always around with her 'crazy' creativity :P) and then I saw this on an Etsy shop. Uh, that looks great!

On Pinterest there are pictures similar to this one, and they all have the same DIY liquor bottle candles description: Use yarn soaked in nail polish remover, tied around the bottle at the breaking point and then light it on fire. Let burn for 20-30 seconds rotating constantly, then dip into ice water. Bottle will break exactly where the yarn was tied!

So, I definitely think I'm going to give it a try because let's face it, the result is quite good looking, especially for a book lover apparently! ;)
(picture from Etsy)









What do you think? And what inspires you?
back to top