Friday, September 13, 2013

Inspired Fridays (#14)




Inspired Fridays is a weekly meme hosted by Inkk ReviewsYou don't have to actually craft anything to "be inspired". Show something you maybe have done, want to try, or whatever inspires you!



Here's what inspires me this week...

It always starts like this (see picture on the right), does it not? You stare at your shelves a bit (too long) and then finally pick a book that claims your attention more than the others. No reasons, it's just so. You sit, begin the reading and then you go on and on and on... We're in Heaven, aren't we?

Suddenly, you come back from Heaven and BAM! it hits you that you shouldn't have picked up that book, no matter how strong the call was, you should have ignored it because oh, look up! THAT's your TBR pile and this month you have a few deadlines to meet! :O
Me: "You sure?"
Conscience: "Yep, I'm positive."
Me: "Perhaps you confused me with the girl in the picture..."
Conscience: "Sweetheart, move your a** and work on that big TBR pile of yours before it becomes huge and you're seriously screwed!"

So, as much as I'd like to picture myself like this girl and, why not, with that library, too, this week I really resemble more the image below...





This week's inspiration can only be about reading and, apparently, a new way to do stretching exercises... LOL

What do you think? And what inspires you?

8 comments:

  1. Franny @ Mind Reader13 September 2013 at 11:03

    OMG, you're totally right!!! The pic kinda reminds me of myself as well...
    Thanks for sharing this awesome (but true) statement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMBO omg I love that second picture. I am so with you on this. I definitely over booked myself the last couple months and I am so paying for it. I had to read a 3 part series in under a week but then Origin by Jennifer L Armentrout came out and guess what I chose to read instead of the books that I was on a deadline for lol. Thanks for sharing! My Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I think we all end up like that at some point in our 'bookish life', it's practically inevitable! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  4. *giggles* Oh I feel you, I am you...gads...the life of an addict!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel your pain, Jess! I think we all deserve to read a few books we bought and have on our TBR list since... well, forever! LOL Or to treat ourselves with at least a monthly read that has been picked in a moment of uncontrolled 'craziness' (so to speak). But the problem is that, even if I pick only review requests, time never seems to be enough and so the girl in the picture becomes Silvia in her reading cave!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL I knew you would have understood, Kimberly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yea I definitely understand. My life is in constant chaos so I find myself reading in parking lots or red lights if its a really good book haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! Oh, I wish I had a lovely couch with my books. If only I had the room. :)

    ReplyDelete

back to top