Monday, September 09, 2013

"The Arrangement" by Mary Balogh



THE ARRANGEMENT BY MARY BALOGH

SERIES: The Survivors' Club #2
PUBLISHER: Piatkus
GENRE: Historical Romance
SOURCE: Publisher
LINKS: Goodreads | Book Depository

SUMMARY
Blinded by a cannon blast on the Napoleonic battlefields, Vincent Hunt, Lord Darleigh, needs to escape the well-meaning meddling—and matchmaking—of his family. Luckily, he is saved by a stranger, a lady with a captivating voice. When Miss Sophia Fry's intervention on his behalf finds her unceremoniously booted from her guardian's home, there seems only one solution: marriage. But Sophia fears her attraction to this handsome yet heartbreakingly vulnerable man. Could an arrangement lead them both to a love destined to be?

MY REVIEW

I have a confession to make, I already fell a bit for Vincent in the first instalment of this series! So, when I discovered this was his book I read it with eagerness and, I must say, it didn't disappoint me at all.

Both hero and heroine are damaged, but where Vincent is so physically, Sophia is so emotionally. An unfortunate (or we should say fortunate?) event brings them together and from that moment they try to make the best of the circumstance. Sophia is not a ravishing beauty, she has no self-esteem and the ones around her never showed a bit of love for her. She's practically ignored and she's called mouse. How can you not sympathise with her? Vincent surely does and with his incredible sweetness he helps her to discover how beautiful she is, outside and inside. But even Sophia is on a mission, she wants to demonstrate Vincent that his wish to be independent and able to do things on his own can happen despite is blindness.

This couple is not in conflict, they share the same values and have more in common than they may have believed at the beginning. Their relationship grows with time and it's gorgeous to see what a strong friendship they build, even before an unmistakable attraction gets in the way... Tender, touching and sensual, "The Arrangement" will enchant you with a very lovely couple!

RATING: 4/5

2 comments:

  1. This is on my wishlist, although I love the other cover for this book..with Vincent on it! I need to read book one first, but so glad you found this to be delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest this cover didn't get me at the beginning, but then I read the book and I had to revise my thought. I found "The Proposal" as much delightful as this one but, you see, Vincent has a special place in my heart... Hope you enjoy the read! :)

    ReplyDelete

back to top