Wednesday, November 27, 2013

"The Submissive" by Tara Sue Me



THE SUBMISSIVE BY TARA SUE ME

SERIES: The Submissive Trilogy #1
PUBLISHER: Headline Eternal
GENRE: Contemporary Erotica
SOURCE: Borrowed
LINKS: Goodreads | Book Depository

SUMMARY
New York knows Nathaniel West as the brilliant and handsome CEO of West Industries, but Abby knows he's more: a sexy and skilled dominant who is looking for a new submissive. Yearning to experience a world of pleasure beyond her simple life as a librarian, Abby offers herself to Nathaniel, to fulfil her most hidden desires. After only one weekend with the Master, Abby knows she needs more, and fully submits to Nathaniel's terms. But despite the pleasure he takes in Abby's willing spirit, the Nathaniel hidden behind the rules remains cold and distant. As Abby falls deeper into his tantalising world of power and passion, she fears that Nathaniel's heart may be beyond her reach - and that her own might be beyond saving...

MY REVIEW

I was dragged into the story from the very first sentence and, I must say, everything happens so fast that I found myself finishing the book without even realising it. Usually events that run too fast bother me, but in this case I thought it was right and I really enjoyed every minute spent in company of Abigail and Nathaniel (especially Mr. West). What disappointed me was just not having a description of Abigail. Because of that, I couldn't picture her properly and I can't hide that it bothered me.

What can I say about Nathaniel, instead? Do not expect a tormented hero with a very dark background that made him what he is. There is some drama, of course, and some work to do in terms of relationships, but Nathaniel surely knows what he wants and what he likes and everything he does it's not related with past issues of some sorts. Being a Dom is simply part of who he really is and, even when you don't see him acting like one, he's still hot as hell, way seductive and boy, how lovely pleasurable.


Touched by the whole beautiful "poetry fight" that a book lover like me can only appreciate, and left to dream about steamy sex scenes (most of times extremely hot and how-wow-surprising), I really loved this book and just the thought of reading everything under Nathaniel's point of view thrills me!

RATING: 4/5

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love when a book grabs you like this and the next thing you know you are done! I am glad the sex was wow. Wonderful review :)

    ReplyDelete

back to top