Tuesday, December 03, 2013

"The Dominant" by Tara Sue Me



THE DOMINANT BY TARA SUE ME

SERIES: The Submissive Trilogy #2
PUBLISHER: Headline Eternal
GENRE: Contemporary Erotica
SOURCE: Borrowed
LINKS: Goodreads | Book Depository

SUMMARY
Nathaniel West doesn't lose control. As the playboy CEO of West Industries, he governs the boardroom during the day; as a strict dominant with exacting rules, he commands the bedroom at night. He never takes on inexperienced submissives, but when Abigail King's application comes across his desk, he breaks his own restrictions and decides to test her limits. Abby's combination of innocence and willingness is intoxicating, and Nathaniel is soon determined to collar her as his own. As long as she follows his orders and surrenders herself fully to him, no one will get hurt. But when Nathaniel begins falling for Abby on a deeper level, he realizes that the trust must go both ways - and he has secrets which could bring the foundations of their entire relationship crashing down...

MY REVIEW

I would have never thought Nathaniel West could be so funny! I swear, I cracked myself up when I read what he was typing while Abby was in the office, but I honestly had some great laughs in more than one occasion and I loved every minute. Nevertheless, some tears had stung my eyes and certainly not because of my laughing...

It all got me very emotional, but I'm not totally sure about using Nathaniel's 'obsession' with Abby as the main break-up point, or at least making it look like his greatest worry. Of course, we have to keep in mind Nathaniel's insecurity and his confusion around feelings practically new to him and, I must say, I loved to see him work on his issues. I also really liked a character we didn't have a chance to see in "The Submissive" and who has been very helpful here in "The Dominant" not only for Nathaniel, but for the reader, too. In fact, thanks to him, we had the chance to be introduced to (and better understand) the world Nathaniel seems so desperately to want to reach and embrace.

I was pleasantly surprised to be drawn so much into this book that re-plays the events of the previous instalment under a different point of view. I liked it better than the first one (which was very good!) and I've fallen for Nathaniel even more!

RATING: 4.5/5

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love when we find scenes that make us laugh like that. :) Glad you enjoyed this one!

    ReplyDelete

back to top