Friday, February 07, 2014

Inspired Fridays (#30)




Inspired Fridays is a weekly meme hosted by Inkk ReviewsYou don't have to actually craft anything to "be inspired". Show something you maybe have done, want to try, or whatever inspires you!



Here's what inspires me this week...

Some of you may or may not know that I have a passion for Manga and Anime, something my lil sis kinda inherited and projected into a real obsession, LOL Why am I telling you this? Because of the Keep Calm and Learn Japanese mini-poster you see on the right, of course. Think about it as one of my New Year Resolutions!

Why now, you ask? Well, because I'm working on a design for a cover of a book in which Japan and Manga are everything and that made me think of it as a sign... After not having paid attention to my passion in the first place, but observing my lil sis and her determination to learn the language (indeed, she has already started her self-help lessons), I'm taking the design project like the right push.

It's going to be a loooong way but hey, it's not like I have a deadline, right? ;)

What do you think? And what inspires you?

12 comments:

  1. That's cool, Hazel Lee! Chinese history and legends must be fascinating, no wonder they can really charm you in the original language. I am Italian, so I speak Italian way too fluently, lol, and, of course, English has become my second language since 2008, when I moved to UK. I studied German for three years in junior high school and I still remember some of the basics, then just took a couple of Spanish classes at Uni but I didn't keep up with it afterwards. Plus, I can read Latin and Greek and also make some translations (especially from Latin). I come from classic studies, five years in high school of Latin and Greek and you won't forget them easily, I promise! So, giving a try to Japanese sounds like fun, not easy, but fun and, who knows, perhaps I'll give you a shout asking for some advice from your husband :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is sooo great, i would love to pick up another language, personally i would really love to learn sign language. good luck learning japanese, you can do it , just a little at a time. This will be wonderful and perfect for you, i know how much you enjoy anime and manga , so I'm super excited! good luck girl! - Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really? Sign language? Me too!! And who knows, perhaps I'll do that at some point, as well ;) Thanks for the good luck wishes, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Japanese isn't a bad idea to learn anyway. There is lots of interaction with them. :) Good luck with the design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! I love these keep calm pics :)

    I want to learn Spanish or Italian someday...

    Chanzie @ Mean Who You Are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them, too!
    If you ever decide to go through that road, give me a shout Chanzie and I'll help you with Italian ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's way cool, Silvia! I love learning languages, too, but anyhting that doesn't have the alphabet I'm used to scares me a little. I wanted to sign up for Greek at Uni while I'm there (working on my BA in English language and literature + linguistics) but the hours for the classes were too difficult to make it work for me.
    Have fun with Japanese!

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  8. To be honest, it scares me, too... But hey, after Latin, Greek, German, Spanish and English (clearly, haha!) I figured I could face Japanese's alphabet...I think...Ok, I hope...Oh well, at least I'm going to have fun for sure, LOL!
    Good luck with your beautiful BA, Lexxie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I only know one language... but that is so cool!! Have fun with it!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's great! I wish you all the best in learning Japanese! My husband is multi-lingual, Japanese being one of his languages, but I only speak English. It's been my goal to learn Mandarin Chinese for a long time because I'm a Chinese descendant and I have interest in reading about Chinese histories and legends written in their original language. I can speak Mandarin Chinese well enough to communicate on a basic level, but I still have a long way to go in reading and writing the language. Good luck with Japanese! =)

    ReplyDelete

back to top