Friday, April 25, 2014

Inspired Fridays (#41)




Inspired Fridays is a weekly meme hosted by Inkk ReviewsYou don't have to actually craft anything to "be inspired". Show something you maybe have done, want to try, or whatever inspires you!



Here's what inspires me this week...


Three words: Upcycled Denim Placemats
One picture ---------------------------->

I'm in love! I think this idea is one I should not just simply take into consideration, but be more practical and do something with it. And soon!

There's this lovely tutorial you can follow (if you're up to the task as much as I am) that shows how this DIY project can be perfectly executed in 12 steps. Plus, you could add a pretty extra decoration also showed and explained in the linked post  ;)

If you think about it, it's a pretty simple idea and it's right because of its simplicity that I find it awesomely perfect!

What do you think? And what inspires you?

14 comments:

  1. Franny @ Mind Reader25 April 2014 at 11:20

    Oh my God they're awesome!!! I can't wait for us to have a sewing machine, so you can do all these things... heheh :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is too cute, perfect for a picnic. People are so clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go figure, hehe! Seriously, I can't wait to finally have a sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh cute! I love crafting but it's been a while. I used to do a Passionately Pinterest meme where I'd work one of the pins I'd pinned but time got away with me and it's been oh a good 9 months since I've done one. *hangs head*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bookworm Brandee28 April 2014 at 03:36

    That is so cool, Silvia! And a great way to recycle jeans. Thanks for sharing, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Understandable, life gets in the way... I wish I had time to craft every single day! *sigh* Anyway, Pinterest is definitely a great source of inspiration, I have lots of DIY projects saved (with cool tutorials, too) and, thanks to this meme, I get the chance to list them all and share those ideas with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know, right? Happy you liked it, Brandee :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh that is awesome!! What a fab idea :) I love finding ways to re-use or modernise stuff. I do get all excited about these type of crafts but am not so good with following through.. *tee hee*

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you liked it, Chanzie! I think I'll craft these for sure ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so pretty! I wish I could pull it off but I have this thing with denim that we just can't get along when it comes to diy stuff. I blame the scissors and fragile needles. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't tried anything DIY stuff with denim yet, so I hope when the time comes it won't be too difficult... *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love denim anything, but obviously too much denim on your person isn't such a great idea! LOL! Denim placemats is genius though! =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL Happy you liked this idea, Hazel Lee and thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete

back to top