Thursday, May 15, 2014

"Alabaster Nights" by Elle J Rossi



ALABASTER NIGHTS BY ELLE J ROSSI

SERIES: The Josie Hawk Chronicles #0.5
PUBLISHER: Black Poppy Books
GENRE: Paranormal Romance
SOURCE: Author
LINKS: Goodreads

SUMMARY
A Vampire with a soul. A Huntress with a knife. 
In Nashville, Blood equals Power. 
Will one taste of Josie Hawk cost Keller everything?

MY REVIEW

"Alabaster Nights" is a novella that introduces the reader to The Josie Hawk Chronicles. It reveals how Keller and Josie met or, better yet, how they 'accidentally' found their mate in each other. At least Keller seems to be pretty sure about that, Josie has quite an attitude and making light over the whole 'are you really my mate?' reveals to be a tricky challenge for our hero...

I liked both characters (and also Keller's sister, Sage), they're a good match and they promise an exciting adventure to come, which is why I'm so curious to read the novel, too. What bothered me a bit instead was the POV jump from third (Keller's) to first (Josie's) person, as I prefer to stick with one during the reading because I find it less distracting. Of course, this didn't stop me from enjoying the read in the end, which flew really well, even though I felt like the final chapter was a bit too rushed. A shame because it had the potential to be the most powerful in the novella.

Nevertheless, it was a pleasant read that definitely got me interested about those characters and their backgrounds. You should give it a go and let Elle J Rossi lead you to the wicked world she has created!

RATING: 3.5/5
back to top