Wednesday, May 07, 2014

"Three Weeks with Lady X" by Eloisa James



THREE WEEKS WITH LADY X BY ELOISA JAMES

SERIES: Desperate Duchesses #7
PUBLISHER: Piatkus
GENRE: Historical Romance
SOURCE: Publisher
LINKS: Goodreads | Book Depository

SUMMARY
Having made a fortune, Thorn Dautry, the powerful bastard son of a duke, decides that he needs a wife. But to marry a lady, Thorn must acquire a gleaming, civilized fa├žade—the speciality of Lady Xenobia India. Exquisite, head-strong and independent, India vows to make Thorn marriageable in just three weeks. But neither Thorn nor India anticipate the forbidden passion that explodes between them. Soon Thorn will stop at nothing to make India his: failure is not an option. Yet there is only one thing that will make India his and it is the one thing Thorn can not afford to lose: his fierce and lawless heart...

MY REVIEW

As soon as I opened the book, I was sure I was about to read one of those pleasurable stories Eloisa James always delivers to her readers, but I had no idea I would have found myself so much captivated. From descriptions to language, characters, backgrounds and the very appreciated twists, everything was exquisitely executed.

I haven't read the other instalments in the Desperate Duchesses series, but I didn't have any kind of problem following the story and, better yet, in finding attachment to the characters. As a matter of fact, there was not a single one of them who didn't catch my attention, surprised me, made me smile, got me emotional and, sometimes (someone in particular), got on my nerves, too. Of course, a special mention needs to be done to India and Thorn. Both heroine and hero are complex characters with strong personalities forged by past events in their lives that made them quite the perfect match, even if they may have difficulty to see it that way... Add to such a brilliant cast gorgeous descriptions, a dangerous provocative seduction and an enticing exchange of letters, and rest assured you have a wonderful read ahead of you.

Witty, fun, sensual and unputdownable. The best book I've read by Eloisa James so far and certainly not my last! This Lady knows how to attract a Shakespearean soul way too well.

RATING: 5/5
back to top