Monday, July 14, 2014

"Come Alive" by Karina Halle



COME ALIVE BY KARINA HALLE

SERIES: Experiment in Terror #7
PUBLISHER: Piatkus Entice
GENRE: NA Paranormal
SOURCE: Publisher
LINKS: Goodreads

SUMMARY
It's one thing to bring the woman you love back into your life. It's another to try and keep her there. For Dex Foray convincing Perry Palomino to open herself to their burgeoning relationship has been more challenging than hunting ghosts battling demons and stalking Sasquatch combined. Add in the fact that the only way they can keep their Experiment in Terror show running is to take on a third partner in the form of the mysterious Maximus Jacobs—all while investigating a sinister voodoo sect in New Orleans—and you've got the perfect Southern storm and a recipe for disaster. Luckily Dex has never been one to back down even when his life—and heart—are on the line.

MY REVIEW

Although I missed Perry's voice—especially in certain crucial situations—I totally fell (and hard) for Dex's pov in a full novel. This man can't help astounding the reader every time a bit more with his infinite love for Perry, but he also drives you crazy with the most hot thoughts and sexy actions you could ever hope for. Still, dark clouds are always in the horizon and uncontrollable tears accompany the inevitable thunderstorm...

Bets are officially closed, cards are on the table and the game is on. The winner? The story will announce that after some exciting encounters and agonising events... If you're an EIT fan, you may already have a few things sorted out, but that doesn't mean your mouth still won't drop an inch or two during some big revelations. Indeed, we get some brand new information setting off a what-the-hell-is-going-on? reaction that led me to a non-stop reading marathon ended at 4am. Believe it or not, this was the first time in my life I went to bed so late to finish a book, hence a huge applause to the author for such a scary, superb read!

As usual, Karina Halle turns your worst fears into terrifying nightmares and, from ecstasy to pure agony, she puts you on the very edge until it's not possible for the adrenaline to run faster in your system. Unputdownable and unforgettable, this book is by far my personal favourite in the series!

RATING: 5/5

18 comments:

  1. *sighs* I really, really, really have to start this series! Five stars, Silvia? That's awesome when it's on book seven. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and making me want to read the Experiment in Terror series right now!
    Happy reading :)
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Come Alive! It always surprises me when each book in the EIT series gets better and better. I never think the previous book could be topped, but Karina manages to do it every time. I do agree with you about missing Perry's voice though. I love both her narratives and her character, she's so relatable. And not to forget Dex! They're one of my all-time favourite book couples now =) Great review Silvia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *blushes* Yeah, I haven't read book one yet..and here you are on 7 rocking it. This series has really rocked for you. I just need to add book one like it is an arc to my list. *faceplam*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea Thompson15 July 2014 at 06:30

    Oh I need to read this! Dex Foray is one of the most intriguing characters out there! Thanks for the great review, Silvia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes!! This book sounds amazing. I have seen this author popping up all over the blogsphere lately. Great review Silvia :) I'll get there to reading this book/series!

    Chanzie @ Mean Who You Are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 5 DESERVED stars, indeed!!!!! If I had a bigger rating, I would have used it! It's beyond amazing when you reach a book so far in the series and still get so excited, isn't it? Hope you decide to go crazy with this series soon, Lexxie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's safe to say that Karina Halle brilliantly succeeds in making her stories and characters shine every single time! Also, Dex and Perry are one of my all-time favourite book couples EVER ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This series ROCKS, period. You really need to read it, Kimberly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dex Foray is one of the best book boyfriends a bookworm could ask for! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This series should be in every single bookshelf on the Planet! I'm not exaggerating, EIT is a really unique, outstanding series!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh intriguingg mainly the fears part. I don't think I know this one but book 7? wow that's a lot. Maybe one day when I'll have the time to add a new shole series but it's nice to had a great time with this new character. great review!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Every instalment will scare you for a reason or another (mainly ghost related), that is the beauty of EIT! Besides Dex, of course :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah, I'm wondering if I should have one higher or different rating for those very few, but very special and truly awesome books...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Franny @ Mind Reader18 July 2014 at 15:12

    OMG!!! This was my favourite installment of the series! I love New Orleans and I completely loved the story even though it scared the hell out of me sometimes.
    So sad we are nearing towards the end, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Or we could give them the higher rating we have, adding a huge heart shape all around to make our point clearer! Just a thought ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know! And yes, it is sad...but every great thing comes to an end and we should probably concentrate on the bright side: it's going to be Epic!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bwahaha, I'm going to add 'evil temptress' to my job titles on my business card, I LOVE It! And I truly hope you'll do that but, just in case, I'm going to post the review for the 8th (and penultimate) instalment next week. ;) Thanks again for the compliment, Brandee xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh you evil temptress, Silvia!! I'm going to have to put other things on hold just so I can read this series!!

    ReplyDelete

back to top