Friday, July 04, 2014

Life of a Blogger: Family

Life of a Blogger is a weekly feature hosted by Jessi @ Novel Heartbeat.
Every week we talk about a non-bookish topic, so that we get to know each other on a more personal level.

This week's topic: FAMILY

Even though my family and I are geographically separated (me living in UK, them being in Italy), we talk to each other every day and we most certainly have one of the best and closer relationships ever. They've always been supportive and they never ceased to push me to follow my dreams and be happy. How can you not love them?

My mum is a real role-model. I respect her and truly admire her for everything she does and says constantly. She never gives up and not only she believes in me and my sister, but she keeps doing everything in her power (and more) to guarantee us safety and happiness. Thanks mum!!

My sister—who is 22-years-old but she will always be my lil sis—is just like me. She's been following my steps from the very beginning which, in a way, is kinda scary because I'm under pressure not to f*ck up ever, LOL No, seriously, I've always been good, no need to worry or to panic! :P Besides, she's doing an amazing job on her own and I couldn't be prouder of her :)

My Grandma is the one who has a special place in my heart. She has been an amazing second mum to me and it's because of her that I inherited my passion for reading and also for cinema, which has led to my degree. Plus, she hugely contributed to some of my best childhood memories!

Unfortunately, my Grandpaa wonderful human being who never stopped being proud of me and never lost a chance to praise me with friends and familypassed away two years ago. That has been devastating...He was like a father figure for me and I miss him terribly every minute of every single day...

So, you see, we may be miles and miles apart, but we always love and support one another in every circumstance. That's why my family rules!

18 comments:

  1. Aws that's awesome Silvia. My family and I are about 500 miles apart but we talk every day too. Thank goodness for technology.

    I'm sorry to hear of your granddad. I lost my Opa about 7 years ago and it really is such a hard loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It soundz like you've got one big tight nip family even thiugh your spread apart. I know the feeling, my father has 5 siblings there all on seperate countries with their kids so familly reunions are difficult. I'm sorry to hear about your grandapa, i never got a chance to meet mine so i'm happy you were able to spend some time with him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your parents are in Italy? Italy is on our bucket-list. My husband great grandparents are from there an we want to tour their old stomping grounds. Our family is scattered too, but we stay close.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your family sounds great and I'm happy you have a close relationship with them even with the miles between you. Never distance yourself from them <3
    I'm also very close to my sister and parents, although we hardly get to see our parents because of their recent work in the US. But I'm going there this summer so I'll be one happy girl soon. :) Go families!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always nice to have a relationship like that. It's quite the same with my brother and I think I'll have to leave soon too. So we'll see how it ends up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Technology may get on your nerves sometimes, but it can also be a life saver, huh?
    Thanks Anna, I'm sorry for your loss, too...

    ReplyDelete
  7. We all try our best to visit each other, but life too often gets in the way and we can't see each other as much as we'd like. Still, when we reunite it's magical :)
    I'm sorry you didn't get to know your Grandpa. Mine raised me like I was another daughter so, it's hard as hell to let go, but yes I surely consider myself lucky for the time spent together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And in the capital nonetheless! Indeed, I'm from Rome, Kimberly :) Hope you'll get the chance to visit Italy at some point, I'm sure you and could have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would never do that, Melissa, I cherish them too much!
    Have a great time in US while visiting your parents!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. If your relationship with him is strong, it will endure everything, even such a separation. Of course, it's always hard, but the most important thing is not to let those close to us completely disappear from our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  11. <3 And yes oh it can make your eye twitch something fierce but I can't imagine not having it. Whenever I'm reading a historical of some sort I think about that. How months could go by for one change in correspondence to get through. I can't imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know, right? Still, that kind of correspondence just warms my <3 I used to do that with a friend of mine and I remember how excited I got whenever a mail was delivered! I miss that kind of correspondence (I've always loved handwritten letters and always will), but I get that now we would all be screwed without our precious technology!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bookworm Brandee8 July 2014 at 19:42

    It's lovely that you have such close relationships with your family, Silvia. I'm close with my family as well - just returned from a trip to visit my grandma. Strong family bonds make for a happy life, in my opinion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I completely agree! Hope your trip went amazingly well :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really can't see that happening with my family :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awe I loved reading about your family :) It must be tough being so far from them but I am glad to hear you have such a good relationship with all of them <3

    Chanzie @ Mean Who You Are.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is hard, but they're awesome and I'm truly grateful for our strong, beautiful relationship <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh so good to hear you all keep in touch. It's great. Sometimes families loss that connection. :)

    ReplyDelete

back to top