Friday, July 25, 2014

Life of a Blogger: Quirks

Life of a Blogger is a weekly feature hosted by Jessi @ Novel Heartbeat.
Every week we talk about a non-bookish topic, so that we get to know each other on a more personal level.

This week's topic: QUIRKS

I can sum up my peculiar behavioural habits in just one word: OCD.

Some may think for the most part it's all about organizing shelves, displaying books, CDs and/or DVDs in a certain order and keep them that way or the next thing you know you'll freak out. I'm afraid it's far more than that. If you really have such a complexion, your organization will go crazy with everything and you'll become a tiny bit of a perfectionist.

Have you ever used a correction pen? Sure you have, who hasn't? Including me, of course, and boy if it pains me a damn hell of a lot! I get this is not something you can do especially when you're at school or at work, but I'd rather rip off the paper and start writing all over again. And this leads to another kind of problem: insecurity. Would you like me to count the times I check and re-check before sending or publishing something? Yeah, let's just leave it...

I won't bother you with a list of things I have to do a certain way—which would be really long and you could end up snoring—but I'll tell you that I keep all my things in a way that, when I enter in a room, I can tell if something has been moved. Does that make me freak out? Besides the internal yelling, you mean? No, but you can be sure I'll go for what has been moved and I will re-arrange it because, yes, it needs to stay that way. Don't worry, I may look the other way, but I never snap at the guilty ones.

Everyone who knows me will tell you I'm good and kind and that I certainly don't let the obsession I have/feel ruin any kind of relationship or put the pressure on others. I learnt how to keep it at bay outside from home and family, but my head constantly runs its train of compulsive thoughts 24/7...Still, I live with it.

back to top