Friday, July 11, 2014

Life of a Blogger: Sports I've Played

Life of a Blogger is a weekly feature hosted by Jessi @ Novel Heartbeat.
Every week we talk about a non-bookish topic, so that we get to know each other on a more personal level.

This week's topic: SPORTS YOU'VE PLAYED

As much as I love reading and staying at home, you'd be surprised to know that I wasn't always like that...

I started swimming when I was very young and did it for many years. Water has always been something essential like air for me, I was a natural swimmer and a pretty great one, so much that my coach wanted to train me for The Olympics (no kidding!). However, my shyness always prevented me from saying yes, with much disappointment from more than one instructor who saw a real potential winner in me. *Now that I'm older, I see my mistake!* Unfortunately, when I was in secondary school, our gym instructor used to bring us in a swimming pool once a week, where there was way too much chlorine that created some issues. Every time my eyes burned like hell and I often had to come right back at home. It was annoying (not really because I could skip school, LOL) and after a while I had to quit going altogether. Thank God for the sea!

Through my swimming years, I also played soccer in a mixed team. To be honest with you, we were just three girls, but as good as the boys and we had great fun together and in our tournaments!

I've also started playing volleyball in secondary school and also in high school. I loved it!

You see, I may just exercise at home now, but I 'played' my part in more than one sport and I don't regret anything. On the contrary, I cherish each experience with all my heart :)
back to top