Friday, August 01, 2014

Life of a Blogger: Favourite Outings

Life of a Blogger is a weekly feature hosted by Jessi @ Novel Heartbeat.
Every week we talk about a non-bookish topic, so that we get to know each other on a more personal level.

This week's topic: FAVOURITE OUTINGS

It's not like I go out much on a daily basis, but I do have a few favourite places where I like hanging out.

Bookshops! LOL I'm kidding. Not really, but even though they're the best place in the world for someone like me (besides perhaps a Library), there are (surprisingly) other places I like to go to as well.

One example is Cathedral Square, where you may find stalls and events happening quite often or, when it's hot, simply enjoy some water sprinkles (see the picture on the left)! There are many shops all around and a BIG shopping centre I adore to spend my time in.

A special mention should be made to Starbucks. I love it, I can't help it. If it was for me, I would spend a good quantity of time over there chatting and planning. *sigh*

Of course, there is more. The name of the square would suggest a Cathedral, right? Correct! What I really love the most of it are the very precious and beautiful gardens all around it. It's a great place to admire some gorgeous nature and take a walk, taking pictures and also have a bit of relax.

Although, to be completely honest with you, my favourite place out there to relax is the lake close to home. I adore taking a walk there, it's quiet, peaceful and not a bad place to read a book. Go figure, huh? And yet, laugh as much as you want, that happens! :P

I consider myself very lucky because all those places are twenty minutes (or less) by foot away from me. So I should really make an effort to go out more often, don't you think? I hear you!

Hope you have some amazing places to hang out, too.

The weekend has finally arrived and I certainly hope all of you are going to enjoy a wonderful one, perhaps outside and with a book at hand...You never know! ;)

18 comments:

  1. That lake looks beautiful, Silvia! And those sprinklers on Cathedral Square are awesome! In front of the UN in Geneva they have those too, but I hardly ever go there - too many people around.
    Have a fantastic Friday!


    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the spots you chose, they're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea Thompson2 August 2014 at 04:44

    I love your gorgeous photos! Thank you for sharing, Silvia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those places look absolutely stunning! You are so lucky. Wish I had places this beautiful to hang out, but we only have fields and fields. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo I would venture out to visit some of these places..although I am perfectly happy at home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat place! I'd so want to explore :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm happy you liked the photos, Lexxie! There are always people around, perhaps not as many as during events...Still, it's a pleasure going there on every occasion :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, I'm really glad you love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's fine, perhaps it would be stranger if we had all the same favourites, huh? Besides, I'm sure you have other great places you love to go to, Melliane ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Melissa! Where I was living before the big move was a lovely place with lots of green all around, but there wasn't a lake and it surely took us a while to go to the centre... So yes, I consider myself lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, trust me, I'm happy at home as well! Still, I can't help but venture outside from time to time. It proves to be difficult to resist such tempting places ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's something to explore alright, Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I believe you, Silvia :) I would love to visit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bookworm Brandee5 August 2014 at 16:20

    You ARE lucky to be so close to such beauty, Silvia. And bookshops are some of my favorite hangouts as well. I just returned from a history/college visit tour with my family. We took the kids to see some of the US's historical sites...Thomas Jefferson's home (Monticello), the battlefield of Gettysburg, and Washington D.C. But I really enjoy being outdoors here at home, in the mountains of Colorado. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love to visit Colorado and it sounds like you had a fantastic time, Brandee, I'm glad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely pictures! I wish I had places like that near me. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh yes that's some nice places I agree. You know it's strange but even if I like bookshops, it's really not my fave places.

    ReplyDelete

back to top