Friday, September 05, 2014

Life of a Blogger: Fitness

Life of a Blogger is a weekly feature hosted by Jessi @ Novel Heartbeat.
Every week we talk about a non-bookish topic, so that we get to know each other on a more personal level.

This week's topic: FITNESS

Although I had my active moments in the past (see Sports I've Played), I can't say I'm a sporty person now...

I don't have a gym membership because, hmm, well, do I really need one? Would I persevere and venture at the gym every day, or at least a few in a week? It's not like we're talking about a library membership, that would be another matter altogether. Yet, I do exercise at home. It's FREE and I can do that every day without stressing myself about getting ready and going God knows where.

I have lots of green all around here and I could easily exercise outside, but the weather is not very cooperative most of the times, so I usually end up doing my 30 minutes of exercises at home. It doesn't help just my body, but also my mind and it brings away part of the daily stress. I'd strongly suggest you to give it a go, you'd be surprised of the positive effects such a simple routine may have on you! :)

16 comments:

  1. I am so bad about daily exercise. I just don't enjoy it much at all. But I've been trying lately and slugging through. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a treadmill at home and try to get on each day. I have shows that I am only allowed to watch if I'm on the treadmill. This helps to encourage me to walk/run. Shows like The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Hemlock Grove are only to be watched while moving. It has helped. I did the entire Breaking Bad series this way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw a funny card the other day that said " I named my bathroom Gym, so I can tell everyone, I went to Gym this morning"...LOL That pretty much sums me up. I love swimming and I do it as much as the weather permits it, but that's about it. I should buy something so I can exercise at home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to go running, I should definitely put some more effort on that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oohh, having a treadmill is one of my dreams! I bet it does help a lot, Melanie. One day...

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Even without buying anything you can still accomplish much. There are lots of stretching exercises that help for example. I spend a big amount of time in front of the PC (I know, who doesn't?) and, I must say, I found those in particular quite helpful. Btw, swimming is great, I wish I could do that as often as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to be a lot better at my fitness than I am now :( I had this (actually, I still have it - just don't use it) fabulous program called Fit Yummy Mommy, where there are exercises that use my own body-weight at first - only 15 minutes three times per week, and then intervals three times per week. It really worked well, too! I need to get back to that ASAP.
    And you're right, Silvia, working out has a very positive effect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm one of those weird people that can't exercise at home. Too many distractions! I wish I had the drive to maintain focus at home >.<

    ReplyDelete
  9. I exercise at home too :) During the nice months I'm outside walking and running and during the snowy winter months I do a strength training program inside (from a book). Works great for me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you'll get back to it asap, then! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can see the distractions...but if you keep focused, you get good results :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I should follow you example and try to go running as well... And YAY for exercising at home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah, I need motivation for that :) And also, I have not make myself motivated to stop smoking! Then, I'll work out, get back in shape and be even more awesome ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nah, I definitely hope you find the motivation to quit that vice, Lexxie... x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like to run and to do at home as well but it's true that it depends on the period.

    ReplyDelete

back to top