Friday, September 19, 2014

Life of a Blogger: Languages

Life of a Blogger is a weekly feature hosted by Jessi @ Novel Heartbeat.
Every week we talk about a non-bookish topic, so that we get to know each other on a more personal level.

This week's topic: LANGUAGES

Well, considering I'm ITALIAN, it's pretty easy to guess which language I speak waaaay too fluently, huh? ;)
Besides that, I clearly know ENGLISH, which it has become my second language since I moved to UK.

Other than those two primary languages, let's see...I studied GERMAN for three years in junior high school and I still remember some of the basics, but that is not enough for me to engage in a conversation or following one properly. I also took a couple of SPANISH classes at Uni, but I didn't keep up with it afterwards. I may not speak it, but I do understand it and I think it's mostly because it is similar to my mother tongue.

Speaking of studies, I come from a classical high school so, among those languages I know, I can add LATIN and GREEK, which I can still manage to make some translations from.
back to top