Friday, October 31, 2014

Life of a Blogger: Halloween

Life of a Blogger is a weekly feature hosted by Jessi @ Novel Heartbeat.
Every week we talk about a non-bookish topic, so that we get to know each other on a more personal level.

This week's topic: HALLOWEEN

In Italy you don't see the kind of celebrations America is used to do for this special occasion, but I've always been fascinated by Halloween. When I was old enough to understand it better and had developed my creative skills, I started celebrating this event in style. I used to make every decoration myself and every year I added new things, so the house was always different and rich of spooky embellishments. I had friends coming over, we had costume parties and we had lots of fun with horror movies and sometimes themed games I invented myself. I used to take care of the pumpkin as well, and didn't I just love that part? :)

Without even realising it, years passed by and suddenly I moved to UK. That was the end of the big celebrations. Not because here they don't do anything for Halloween, on the contrary, it was just me losing that enthusiasm I had at home... But I left my lil sis in charge. Growing up following my steps, she learned a lot from me and, since she had a good dose of creativeness already, you can imagine how she rocks the house!

I still celebrate Halloween, though, but it's just horror movies, candy and a couple of decorations here and there, nothing spectacular. Although today we have a great friend with us, so we're going to have a bit more of Mwahaha fun!! ;)
HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!
back to top