Friday, October 03, 2014

Life of a Blogger: Most Prized Possession

Life of a Blogger is a weekly feature hosted by Jessi @ Novel Heartbeat.
Every week we talk about a non-bookish topic, so that we get to know each other on a more personal level.

This week's topic: MOST PRIZED POSSESSION

This beauty you see is my “Llamadore de Angeles”, aka “Angel Caller”. I bought it during a Summer holiday in Spain (2008) and I've been wearing it ever since.

The legend says that the angels gave these charms to the elves forced to flee from their forest. They wore them around their necks and, in case of danger, all they needed to do was shake the pendants for the angels to come and protect them.

Now, call me 'superstitious' but I never leave the house without it and, so far, I've always felt safe and even overcame certain situations... Also, the same year I bought it, I moved to UK and started my new life. Coincidence or not, the sound of that little bell has never been more blessed!

22 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful story and I confess that I love it too, it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's absolutely gorgeous, love the story :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so pretty! I'm really glad it works for you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great charm. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of that, but the charm is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of it either, but it is GORGEOUS! That's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That us a gorgeous peeve of jewelry! I hope if continues to keep you safe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm completely in love with it and I treasure it with all my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad I brought something new to your attention, and happy you like my charm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I fell for it the moment I saw it, and the legend that came with the charm totally sold it! I just knew I had to have it, and I keep thinking it's the best thing I spent my money on. I'm so pleased with it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is, isn't it? I LOVE IT!! And thanks, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how beautiful! I'd not heard of that legend before. How interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bookworm Brandee5 October 2014 at 22:46

    It's gorgeous, Silvia. And I'm a superstitious sort as well, so I'm glad you have it watching over you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow!! I also have one :) I'll post a pic on Instagram tonight to show you (It looks a little different)!!! I don't wear mine every single day but I wear it often enough. I wanted one for a very long time and bought one for myself for my bday about 3 years ago.

    Chanzie @ Mean Who You Are.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll be waiting for the picture on Instagram, then. :) I know different ones, but so far for me this one I found in Spain is the prettiest and I'm totally happy I bought it when I had the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's really gorggeous :)

    ReplyDelete

back to top