Friday, October 10, 2014

Life of a Blogger: Scents

Life of a Blogger is a weekly feature hosted by Jessi @ Novel Heartbeat.
Every week we talk about a non-bookish topic, so that we get to know each other on a more personal level.

This week's topic: SCENTS

I'm not into fragrances much and I rarely use perfume, but I confess I really like the smell of aftershave. Although, it's not like I can go around smelling every guy I encounter on my path, right? I know, I feel you and I totally agree with you, we should be allowed to do that! :P

Anyway, I have a thing for scented candles, but the scents I particularly love are more 'natural' ones such as:
  • Books -> I dare you say 'pfft'.
  • Rain -> I think the best part of a rainy day is the smell that comes with it.
  • Sea -> It's the one I've missed the most lately, sigh.
  • The sun on your skin -> If you lay under the sun, after a while your skin will smell differently and not in a bad way at all. Take a shower and you will still smell like that. I love it!
  • Clean sheets -> These always put a pleasurable smile on my face before falling asleep.
Of course, there is to take into consideration the smell of baked biscuits... Although, to be fair, I should start a long list if we talk about food. ;)

10 comments:

  1. I go for ocean or cinnamon usually. Though I do like lavender as well now and again. And gah I am with you on randomly wanting to smell someone. lol I've been tempted while out doing errands and a guy walking by and I just wanna go wait wait a minute I want another sniff! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the smell of rain, just love it! the same for books and sea like you! The sun on the skin too and well everything! Maybe too some flowers

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL It's just a temptation too big to resist every time, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! We do have a lot in common, don't we? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am totally with you on all of the above!! Ok I do love perfume though.... and especially the sea. I don't think I could ever live away from the sea...

    Chanzie @ Mean Who You Are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like perfume, I just don't use it often and certainly don't go around collecting lots of fragrances. As for the sea, what can I say? You're lucky! Enjoy it for me as much as you can!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not much for perfumes or anything. But I do enjoy a good scented candle as well. We do apple pie or Cinnamon. But the sea is my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bookworm Brandee16 October 2014 at 18:58

    *haha* Yes, we absolutely should be able to go around smelling men, Silvia. ;) I, too, love the smell of books and rain...and pine trees and sun. Yeah, I'm not big on manufactured scents either but I love natural ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the sea is the real winner for everyone! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. See? We should start a petition! LOL I truly like the scents you pointed out, Brandee. :)

    ReplyDelete

back to top