Wednesday, February 18, 2015

"More Than Exes" by Elizabeth Briggs



MORE THAN EXES BY ELIZABETH BRIGGS

SERIES: Chasing the Dream #0.5
PUBLISHER: Elizabeth Briggs Books
GENRE: NA Contemporary Romance
SOURCE: Freebie
LINKS: Goodreads | Book Depository

SUMMARY
Keyboardist Kyle Cross may look like a bad boy with his tattoos and piercings, but he's really the good guy who's always stuck fixing his band's problems and never gets the girl. His band is competing in a college Battle of the Bands, but when their bassist doesn't show, Kyle must track her down with the help of the person he least expects: his ex-girlfriend Alexis Monroe. Kyle hasn't seen Alexis since she dumped him in high school, and she's dropped her preppy image for fiery red hair and a bold new attitude to match. With only hours before his band goes on stage, Kyle has to be a little bad if he wants to win both the Battle and the girl he's never gotten over. But when their old problems resurface, the good guy might just get his heart broken all over again.

MY REVIEW

This series was brought to my attention by someone who knows my taste better than anyone, so of course I was more than willing and eager to give it a go. And what better way to do so than with a free prequel?

I loved being in Kyle's mind the whole time. He may not have had the best of times though, but one can always hope for a change, right? Well, Kyle didn't seem pretty sure about that, especially when his ex made her appearance... I would lie if I said his thoughts didn't make me laugh even when he was struggling with the awkward situation, and that's because Elizabeth Briggs is just that good with her writing. The pacing was also great and, although I wasn't a big fan of Alexis, I surely was cheering for Kyle and I'm certainly dying to read about Jared now.

I'm glad I one-clicked this prequel, it got me into the band so much that I'm thrilled I already have the first instalment and can't wait to start the read!

RATING: 4/5
back to top