Friday, March 06, 2015

Life of a Blogger: The Power of Tattoos

Life of a Blogger is a weekly feature hosted by Jessi @ Novel Heartbeat.
Every week we talk about a non-bookish topic, so that we get to know each other on a more personal level.

This week's topic: THE POWER OF TATTOOS

Last summer I talked about tattoos in one of Life of a Blogger posts, but that was just about me being a tattoo virgin (yes, I still am). Today I'd like to explore the subject a bit more...

I know different people who claim not to like men with tattoos running all over their bodies. Personally, I'm not a fan of a body completely inked, but I certainly don't mind staring looking at some body art. Indeed, especially if it's a handsome body we're swooning over observing. Since I'm talking mostly with passionate readers like me, I think it's safe to say that we aren't immune to the power of a tattooed guy. We quite easily sigh a lot when our head projects such an image, don't we? But how does that work with reality?

My sister is not really into tattoos, but if she sees a good looking guy with ink on his skin you can hear a "Huh..." escaping from her lips (I know sis, never feel bad for that!). What does this say? Apparently even if tattoos are not your thing, there's a big chance you can still be affected by them.

For those who are into them, I believe it's the personal taste that does the real trick. E.g. I prefer black & white tattoos and I think those with swirls are the sexiest ones, while others may say a specific colourful designperhaps even in 3D—is what it's cooler. And you know what? Whatever works best for you is ok!

My point is that no matter the preferences or the fact that you may not like tattoos, when you come face to face with an Adone sporting them, the same reaction is practically guaranteed...

We're all in this together! ;)

17 comments:

  1. LOL Sivlia, that cartoon is awesome! And I missed it, too - can you show me again? ;)


    I have two tattoos, both on my hands, so they aren't in any weird places... One is a bracelet with my kids' names, and the other is an infinity sign on my right ring-finger.


    I wish my husband would get another tattoo, either on his chest or on his bicep/shoulder... he has the body to pull it off, and it would totally make me swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I love her I missed it show me again. ::snort:: I wish I could find the quote. Read it years ago. Something about the right tattoos dont make someone sexy. But the right tattoo can make someone sexier. Gah. That's not quite it. Drives me nuts not remembering where I saw that.

    But it makes sense to me. I not for or against tattoos. Some very very hot ones out there and then others that are just a train-wreck. I love the ones that compliment the body/person they're attached to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like black/grey tattoos the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, the image. I personally wouldn't like to have tattoos, but I don't mind people having them. The art is cool and some are even beautiful to look at. Especially on handsome guys ;)

    But, if I'd ever decide to get one, I think I'd choose a book quote. Which one is the real question here. Not sure, so many awesome quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cartoon is so funny ! One of my coworker is tattooed, but his tattoos are not that great and let's be honest, he's not so great to look at either, poor guy. I love watching a beautiful tattoo, colored or not - I remember seeing a japanese art on a hamstring once, it was gorgeous. I thought about getting a tat myself, but I'm still wondering which pic to choose :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bookworm Brandee8 March 2015 at 00:19

    Oh yeah, we are totally in this together, Silvia! I love that cartoon! From book covers to real life, I'm going to look and maybe stare and/or drool over a tattoo on a hunky guy. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. L.O.L. that meme is gold. Love it. I don't mind tattoos at all, and on some guys-damn. Sign me up. I would love to get a tattoo but I'm afraid since I tire of things easily :P Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember you telling me about your tattoos in the other post I made about this subject, and I think they're great! :)

    If your husband has such a body, he should definitely go for it! Perhaps it would help telling him that would make his wife particularly swoony happy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I couldn't resist, I found that image on Pinterest a while ago and I just had to share it! :)
    I agree with you btw, and I love the ones you described as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's exactly my point, Iza. Anyone can have a tattoo, but (and no offense) if it's a handsome guy to show it to you, against or not, you can't help but swoon stare! :P
    Japanese art is quite charming, I wouldn't mind using it to create a tattoo for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you fancy some company, I can come check with you. It's no bother, really ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, this week we had a free subject to talk about and I figured this would have made for an interesting post. ;) By the way, I signed you up, Alise!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not a fan of the complete covering of tattoos. But I do enjoy beautiful ink. I have no problems with looking at them either. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think it can be quite the challenge not to look at some beautiful ink, Melissa. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL! I'll try that :) he does have a little problem, though. He hates needles. And when he got the infinity sign (it's really tiny!) on his ring finger, he fainted o.O

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ok, don't laugh, but, err, I'm right there with him . . . and yet, I would still like a tattoo one day. And if I can make it *shivers and then faints a bit*, I'm sure your husband can try again. Second time is a charm!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

back to top