Thursday, April 23, 2015

"Tangled" by Emma Chase



TANGLED BY EMMA CHASE

SERIES: Tangled #1
PUBLISHER: Gallery Books
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
SOURCE: Publisher
LINKS: Goodreads | Book Depository

SUMMARY
Drew Evans makes multimillion-dollar business deals and seduces New York's most beautiful women with just a smile. So why has he been shuttered in his apartment for seven days, miserable and depressed? He'll tell you he has the flu, but we all know that's not really true. When Katherine Brooks is hired as the new associate at Drew's father's investment banking firm, every aspect of the dashing playboy's life is thrown into a tailspin. The professional competition she brings is unnerving, his attraction to her is distracting, his failure to entice her into his bed is exasperating. How can one woman turn a smooth-talking player into a broken, desperate man? By making the one thing he never wanted in life the only thing he can't live without.

MY REVIEW

I've always heard lots of great things about this book from fellow bloggers who got me curious not just about Drew Evans, but also about Emma Chase's writing. I mean, how can you not get intrigued when someone tells you they cracked up and swooned at the same time until the very end? And yet, nothing could have prepared me for the tears in my eyes while laughing like crazy.

Drew's inner dialogue is priceless and it's definitely what makes this a brilliant book. At times you can't believe what he says/thinks, but rest assured that it won't stop you from laughing or giggling. In fact, right because of Drew's spontaneous 'truths', you're going to do that even more and out loud! But this handsome, spoiled man has more than just laughs to offer the readers and certainly Kate, who may not find everything so funny after all... Swooning is assured as much as being totally entertained by the banter between the couple and, cherry on top, a few fantastic characters give you an even greater time. OMG the fun!

I'm simply thrilled to have tried this title. I'm an avid reader but, previous to this book, I still had to find a read so outrageously funny. Refreshing, sexy and hilarious, I totally recommend it!

RATING: 4.5/5

12 comments:

  1. Bookworm Brandee23 April 2015 at 18:12

    I've heard so many great things about this book as well, Silvia. And yet it still waits on my kindle. :/ After reading your review though, I'm thinking I may 'crack it open'. I'm going to be reading a dark read and I think this will be the perfect book to pull me out of that darkness. :) Swooning and giggling sound great! Fun review, my dear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yay! I have this one on my list after hearing raves too but haven't managed to start it. I'm in need of a fun read though so might have to try and sneak it in soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wonderful! So glad you enjoyed it. And I like the stubble on his chin. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES. I loved this book and Drew made tears run down my eyes I laughed so darn hard. I even read parts of this to my hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I heard s many great things about this series, I really need to try too: Glad you had such a great time with it too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see you enjoyed this one! I'm pretty sure I have this one on my kindle waiting for me, so I'm glad to see it's enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You shouldn't let this book wait on your Kindle anymore, Brandee. Trust me, it really cracks you up and leaves you quite satisfied, a perfect break from dark reads, indeed! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Then I definitely recommend this one, Anna. Laughs and giggles are assured from beginning to end! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I simply had one of the best times ever with this read!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you experienced the same thing, Kimberly! And I totally get what you had to do, I had to share the fun, too, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you will, Melliane, this book is really fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh boy, did I laugh hard! Can't wait for you to start it :)

    ReplyDelete

back to top