Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (#1)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill @ Breaking The Spine
in which we have the opportunity to spotlight upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This week's pick: DEAREST ROGUE by Elizabeth Hoyt
Expected publication: May 26th, 2015 by Piatkus

HE CAN GUARD HER

Lady Phoebe Batten is pretty, vivacious, and yearning for a social life befitting the sister of a powerful duke. But because she is almost completely blind, her overprotective brother insists that she have an armed bodyguard by her side at all times-the very irritating Captain Trevillion.

FROM EVERY DANGER

Captain James Trevillion is proud, brooding, and cursed with a leg injury from his service in the King's dragoons. Yet he can still shoot and ride like the devil, so watching over the distracting Lady Phoebe should be no problem at all-until she's targeted by kidnappers.

BUT PASSION ITSELF

Caught in a deadly web of deceit, James must risk life and limb to save his charge from the lowest of cads-one who would force Lady Phoebe into a loveless marriage. But while they're confined to close quarters for her safekeeping, Phoebe begins to see the tender man beneath the soldier's hard exterior . . . and the possibility of a life-and love-she never imagined possible.

What do you think? And what are you waiting for?
Leave a comment with a link to your WoW so I can stop by and get excited, too! ;)

22 comments:

  1. That cover totally reminds me of Mr. Darcy! I like it! The blurb sounds interesting but I don't know if this would be something for me. I hope you'll enjoy it, it comes out soon so at least you don't have to wait too long, haha. :D

    Thank you for stopping by my blog & following! I follow you back now! :)
    Yvonne @ A World Between Folded Pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, he does look like Darcy !! And with an almost blind heroin and an injured hero, it looks interesting and original, thanks for bringing that book on my radar ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read many historical romances but this sounds good and the cover really reminds me of Mr Darcy (Colin Firth's version at least)!
    Thanks for stopping by.
    Here is my Wow: http://elliereadsfiction.blogspot.com/2015/04/waiting-on-wednesday-heat-exchange-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica @ a GREAT read15 April 2015 at 12:20

    Oh nice! Not one for historical romances myself, but I do like Kristen Callihan which is a mish mash of historical fiction paranormal romance! LOL!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes! This sounds like exactly my kind of story, Silvia! *yum* adding to my TBR :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know, right? I love Maiden Lane series and this is an instalment I was eagerly waiting for, so I'm counting on enjoying it veeeery much! :)

    Thanks for stopping by and also for the follow, Yvonne. You're my 100th follower on Bloglovin', so you can see how you made my day!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those two are a couple of characters I'm quite fond of, so I'm anxiously waiting for their book! And I believe you could really like this series, Iza, it's one of my fave HR ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL I think we all unanimously agree he does look like Mr. Darcy and, hey, can we really complain? Especially if we're talking about Colin Firth ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hehe, I have the first book in her series and, although I still have to read it, I'm intrigued by it. Glad to know it works well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was hoping you would say that, Lexxie :) Hope you enjoy it when the time comes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bookworm Brandee15 April 2015 at 18:29

    I've not read anything from Hoyt, Silvia. Is this part of a series that I should start on from the beginning? I've gotten back into HR recently :) and this one sounds like an exciting story.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How lovely to hear that, Brandee! The series is called Maiden Lane and, although each instalment is focused on a different couple, there is a wonderful plot building that makes the read even more captivating. So my suggestion would be to start from the very beginning, this will make you attach to every character, bring you to make quite the discoveries and feel like you're part of the story. It's a series that really has everything you could ask for, and Hoyt's writing is gorgeous! You can check my reviews for the series if it helps make up your mind (no spoilers, you know I hate them!), I reviewed the first six instalments and I'm just one book behind this new one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to read this! I hope you enjoy the book! Check out my WoW! New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Stina! Hope you enjoy the read, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're right, I think Drea would enjoy this one :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not into Historical Romance but this one sounds nice. Hope you enjoy it when you get to read it.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks, Marilyn, I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh, I'm really interested in this one. I do enjoy historical romance and I think I would like this a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This series is really amazing, Alise. Since you're into historical romances, I strongly recommend the read!

    ReplyDelete

back to top