Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (#8)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill @ Breaking The Spine
in which we have the opportunity to spotlight upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This week's pick: UNTIL FRIDAY NIGHT by Abbi Glines
Expected publication: August 25th, 2015 by Simon & Schuster UK

To everyone who knows him, West Ashby has always been that guy: the cocky, popular, way-too-handsome-for-his-own-good football god who led Lawton High to the state championships. But while West may be Big Man on Campus on the outside, on the inside he’s battling the grief that comes with watching his father slowly die of cancer.

Two years ago, Maggie Carleton’s life fell apart when her father murdered her mother. And after she told the police what happened, she stopped speaking and hasn’t spoken since. Even the move to Lawton, Alabama, couldn’t draw Maggie back out. So she stayed quiet, keeping her sorrow and her fractured heart hidden away.

As West’s pain becomes too much to handle, he knows he needs to talk to someone about his father—so in the dark shadows of a post-game party, he opens up to the one girl who he knows won’t tell anyone else.

West expected that talking about his dad would bring some relief, or at least a flood of emotions he couldn’t control. But he never expected the quiet new girl to reply, to reveal a pain even deeper than his own—or for them to form a connection so strong that he couldn’t ever let her go…

What do you think? And what are you waiting for?
Leave a comment with a link to your WoW so I can stop by and get excited, too! ;)

19 comments:

  1. I've not read anything by this author yet, but I've heard great things about her. This sounds really good, and I hope you'll enjoy it. Thanks for sharing, and happy Wednesday! :)
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica @ a GREAT read22 July 2015 at 12:02

    Seeing a lot of this one! Only read her one Paranormal NA series and liked that! Sad to see she doesn't write paranormal anymore, but oh well! Got plenty to read instead! LOL!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a huge fan of Abbi and I can't wait to read this one too! Great pick!
    Alma @ A Novel Place

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely can't wait to read this one! Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep meaning to read an Abbi Glines book, and this one looks good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read anything by Abbi since Fallen Too Far. I think I might pick this one up. It seems really interesting. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOh great pick -- I love this cover and the sound of this one!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh, pretty cover. :) Hope you get and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love that cover. I've not tried her yet but have one of her books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't tried any of her books yet either, but many friends suggested me to do so and this titles sounds good to me. I'm really tempted to start from this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read her paranormal series, but it's good to know you enjoyed it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice to hear the excitement from a huge Glines' fan!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds really good, right? It piqued my curiosity almost instantly :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't have any of her books, but this will probably be my first try with her works ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everyone is loving thisauthor! it's terrible I need to try!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, this sounds amazing, Silvia! Especially because Maggie hasn't talked in a long time, but she does so when West shares his story with her. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

back to top